We are pleased to announce Building One New Jersey will honor the following individuals at our annual year-end reception and fundraiser following a policy forum at Princeton University on Friday, December 16th, 2016:
Please consider purchasing a sponsorship in honor of one of these champions of racial justice and economic opportunity.
- Sean Spiller, Montclair Councilman and New Jersey Education Association Secretary Treasurer
- John Ballantyne, Executive Secretary-Treasurer of the Northeast Regional Council of Carpenters
- Marlene Lao-Collins, Executive Director of Catholic Charities, Trenton Diocese
- William Castner, Senior Vice President, Corporate and Regulatory Affairs at Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
- Reverend Dr. Lester Taylor, President of the General Baptist Convention of New Jersey
- Antoinette Brevard, Executive Director of St. Luke CDC, Paterson
The Board of Building One New Jersey chose to recognize these leaders as distinguished elected officials, powerful allies, long time friends, important moral leaders, emerging grassroots leaders and veteran fighters for social justice.
There will also be a tribute to Mayor Lizette Parker, Building One New Jersey’s 2014 Elected Leader of the Year, who tragically and unexpectedly passed away earlier this year.
Sponsorship Opportunities are available for organizations and individuals who wish to show their support for racial and economic justice organizing in New Jersey and to help us recognize the outstanding work of these leaders.
Dr. Diane Campbell and Rev. John Scotland
Co-Chairs Building One New Jersey
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- Register for the Policy Forum on Race, Place, and Opportunity in New Jersey
- 2016 Honorees pdf
- Getting to the Frist Campus Center at Princeton University
- Flyer for printing
- Printable version of registration and sponsorship form
- BOA review and reflection on Ghetto
- 'Ghetto,' by Mitchell Duneier - The New York Times
- Forum Handout
Overview and Program
BOA Labor/Civil Rights Rights Document